I feel like the current me has to do some pre-amble before launching into the second book. This is where it gets excruciating and embarrassing ( it was much easier to be forgiving of my 12 year old self. I was 12! i didn't know anything!)
We move into 1986, which was a very difficult year for me. Starting high school, sick mother - being 15. Upon looking back I thought I didn't understand how bad things were at home but I now think that's wrong. I think I did know. I just knew there wasn't anything I could do about it except keep moving.
I appear to fancy myself quite a romantic, tragic figure and I was clearly trying to be poetic much of the time. I remember the days when I used to quote song lyrics all the time. They meant something to me. I wish it was the same now.
Anyway - here we go. I can't believe I'm doing this.....I"ll be the one hiding under the covers if you're looking for me....
No comments:
Post a Comment