I have come upon a great idea if I do say so myself, I really think it is a great one which I really shouldn't say because it is to be quite conceited to say such a thing, but anyway, the idea is perhaps one of great lunacy. I plan to give D some of her own medicine. I plan, to make up a story. The story of my life. It shall go like this:
We were at Grammie's. I was sitting out at one of her old apple trees. I was reading an old Shakespeare book of hers. Grammie had a few of the local boys haying her field. As they were leaving, one of them called over to me and I went over. He asked me who I was
He: Who are you?
Me: ___
He: A relative?
Me: I'm her granddaughter.
He: I'm William Hodges. Your grandmother knows my mother and I'll bring some money over tonight that she owes her.
Me: Alright. I'll tell her.
He: She knows me. She'll know me when I come.
Me: I'll see you then
He: Are you staying here?
Me: Yeah. I"m here with my mother, sister and her boyfriend.
He: You must be Tracey's cousin.
Me: Yeah. Do you know her?
He: I took her out while she was here on vacation.
Me: When were they here last? Oh! It was for a week this summer.
Will: Really? Oh, She never even phoned me. I asked her to call. I really liked Tracey.
Me: Oh, well. I guess she's just that type.
He: Too bad I had to find out like this and from a stranger.
Me: Oh, well don't worry about it. She doesn't even live here.
He: No one does. Do you live around here?
Me: No.
He: See ? Now I know not to try. I struck out before I started
ETC!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment